Thursday, February 12, 2009

Introducing Karen

Hi
I'm Karen (aka Crystal Velvet)
I'm a 40 year old, happily married with three children aged 17, 15 and 9.
I live in East Yorkshire and attend my local village church. I'm a singer in the worship group and love Christian music.
My "work" is great fun. I'm a tiara and jewellery designer and creator and dabble in many other crafts.
My Christian background is mixed and varied. I grew up in the baptist church and made a committment to the Lord aged 10. He's always been central in my life. As I got older, my family moved churches into the local village church and since that time I've always felt it was important to worship within your local community (even when the local church isn't quite what you'd want ... and believe me, I've been in several) I have to say though that at the moment I'm very happy where we are. The church is a real mix church. Even though the "official" heading is Church of England, the church is officially joined with the methodist church and we've incorporated methodist elements into the services. We have a great childrens and youth ministry and are currently looking at getting a full time youth leader. Our congregation is made of of christians from all backgrounds. Musically, we enjoy a variety of modern and traditional music which is great for evryone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...