Saturday, May 1, 2010

I love this advert! ~ John Lewis spring 2010

I heard this song playing on the tv the other night, but I was busy at the time in the other room so didn't take the time to investigate. The tune continued to play in my head all the next day. I loved the song and listened over and over again to it Billy Joels ~ always a woman to me) on my cassette player in the late 1980's.

Last night I was altering the chanels around and heard the piano intro and then I saw the most touching advert for a long time. I had a tear in my eye as I watched the story line of the baby to old age of a woman going through the mile stones of school, university, marriage, pregnancy, family celebrations with the grandchildren and then what could have been with the great grandchildren.

The camera work and staging are fantastic.

I don't think the sound track is the original as it sounds a little higher than Billy Joels version.

Please watch and enjoy and don't forget the tissues. (and I don't think I am the only one who loves it as the you tube video has 108,000 views!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...