Monday, February 8, 2010

Multi Denominational

I am a multi denominational christian. I've been part of Baptist, church of England, Methodist, Free churches and in each one, I have embraced the christian togetherness that has been offered.
My feelings are that is is best to worship at a local church and sometimes that simply does not fit the Baptist, Methodist or C of E. I want to worship where I live so that I can be a christian presence in my local community.
Currently, I am a member of my village church. It's C of E, but has a congregation made up of all christian denominations and is actually officially joined with the local Methodist church. We share Methodist services and preachers along side the C of E provisions. This came about when the falling and aging congregation at the village Methodist church could really no longer function with the dwindling figures. It's been wonderful to embrace the new members and we are an official ecumenical partnership.
Yesterday we shared the Methodist covenant service. It's an event that the C of E do not have an equivalent of. The service calls us to foramlly recognise our commitment to God as his servant.

I am no longer my own, but your.

Put me to what you will,

rank me with whom you will;

Put me to doing,

put me to suffering;

let me be employed for you,

or laid aside for you;

let me be full,

let me be empty

let me have all things,

let me have nothing:

I freely and wholeheartedly yield alll things

to your pleasure and disposal.

And now most glorious and blessed God

Father, Son and Holy Spirit,

You are mine and I am yours

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...