Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Garden ~ Spring

Out in the garden, things are starting to happen.  Little green shoots are pushing there way through the soil and what was, for so long bare soil, is beginning to get ready for an explosion of spring time colour.  So far only the pansys are in flower, but the bluebells, daffodils, tulips and other plants are coming to life.  The buds on the raspberries, blueberries and blueberries are beginning to poke out of twigs.  The cherry tree's have tiny tiny tight little buds on them.
I cleared the veg patches of the weeds that had sprung up over the winter.  Now I have a blank canvas of soil for planting vegetables and my sedds are all waiting to be planted.  I think I'll leave it another week as bad weather is threatened.  I still get funny looks as people walk by and see I have a huge veg patch instead of green lawn at the front of the house.

This years list includes:
Carrots, lettuce, beans, Kale, Salad greens, Parsnips, Squash, cabbage, spring greens.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...