Wednesday, August 22, 2012

4 Skirts Recycled into 1.


I have a lovely neighbour who loves clothes shopping.  This is very much to my benefit as when her wardrobe no longer fits her stash, she empties it and brings the clothes over to mine.  It's always lovely to receive the latest bagful.  The latest stash had several skirts in it that were too short for me as I love floor swishers.  I was at a loss with what to do with them as the fabrics were lovely.  Often I will turn the clothes into altered tshirt scarfs or rag rugs, but this time I wanted to do something with them so I could wear them.

I sat one night and cut each skirt into small pieces and then the following morning I began to sew them all together to make a huge patchwork sheet.  I then cut it up and formed it into a skirt.  It's really lovely autumn colours and swishes like you wouldn't believe.

I didn't have a pattern to follow so have had to make it up as I went along.
Now I can't wait for my next sewing project.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...